From:
Brett Wise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 2015 15:21:15 +0000
" We've been having trouble over the past few months with sheets of labels jamming in our color printer.  Have any of you that use Smead ColorBar label stock or a RICOH Aficio SP C430DN PCL 5c printer been encountering a similar increase in label jams?  We don't know that either is the source of the issue, but would like to find out if others have had a similar experience with either product.  Thanks for any assistance!"

Hi David, in a previous organization, we had a similar situation with our regular b/w labels.  It took us a while to accurately identify the issue, but it ended up being that the supplier to our label vendor had switched out the label stock to a slightly lighter stock.  Just the slight difference in weight created issues when running the labels through our printers (organization wide).  The vendor was able to get the earlier label stock weight back in supply for us once we communicated the problem to them.

Don't know if this is your issue, but you may want to check your label stock just to be sure.

Good luck!

- Brett

Brett Wise CRM, IGP, CIP | American Board of Pediatrics
Director of Records & Information Management
111 Silver Cedar Court
Chapel Hill, NC 27514