From:
"Johnson, Chris.J (MDH)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2016 20:01:43 +0000
I appreciate that your viewpoint is that Steve's post was a public service announcement.  I don't see it that way.  Perhaps it’s the message itself or the manner in which it was delivered, but I took umbrage at it as the initiator of the requests.   I think there is value in knowing that others have an interest in an issue because it creates a network opportunity for problem solving and sharing. In looking at the archives, these individuals can be identified if they were missed in the post.  I was under the impression that it's one the benefits of this incredible community of professionals.

In addition, creating a rule in email (which I did a long time ago) does not sensor messages, it only captures them in a folder that still has to be viewed to some level of scrutiny to determine their value.  I recommend that the people interested in non-RIM topics establish a private email relationship/routine/ mechanism and keep them off of this incredibly informative RIM List Serv.  Those topics won't then dilute the archive or populate the email of others.

I've said enough...

Chris Johnson
Records Manager
Minnesota Dept. of Health