From:
Tom Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:12:34 -0600
I've read several sites which list the benefits of pursuing and/or attaining
the CRM designation with responses such as professional/personal
development, additional knowledge gained for examination, concrete
documentation of experience, self-confidence in RIM and the potential for
increased responsibility/salary.  I understand these and agree with them,
but I'm searching for some concrete experiences you may have where your CRM
designation allowed you to play roles within your organization which would
not have been possible without the designation.  Perhaps the designation
would allow a Records Manager to be deposed in place of the company's
corporate counsel thus expanding the CRM's role in the company.

Any examples of this would be greatly helpful as I would like to demonstrate
how the designation increases the roles a records professional may play
within an organization based mainly on the recognition of the designation in
various settings inside and outside the organization.

Feel free to forward to my personal e-mail at [log in to unmask] .

Thank you all very much :-)

Tom