Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 12:34:58 -0800
I am acting as conduit for this request for assistance as a favor.  Any
assistance would be appreciated.  If you have implemented the system would
you be willing to discuss with the requestor?

Thanks ...

Bob Dalton, CRM

Dalton Consulting

Your help/advice needed - I would like to hear from current or former users
of "iManage" (now part of Interwoven), any specific lessons learned in
implementing this EDMS in their organizations. I have just inherited this
software and the challenge of implementing it in my organization. It has
been around for several years in our org, but with a limited number of users
and satisfaction.

I would love to learn about any critical issues that others have run into in
the initial setup or system default decisions and what advice they have.

How did they determine whether to have one or multiple databases?

How did they work around the limited numbers of profiles they could create?

Any other tidbits of information or help??? I do not have the luxury of
picking another EDMS solution... I need to make this existing investment
work as well and as quickly as possible.

Beyond setting up the most efficient data structure and finding tools, what
advice do they have regarding implementation.

1.      Pilot groups?
2.      Organization wide implementation?
3.      Optional use vs. forced use?
4.      Communication and training methods that worked well?
5.      What else worked for them and what do they wish they had done
differently.