From:
"White, Bruce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 17:07:46 -0800
Laurie,

I am fairly new to my company, having come from the government. One major
reason I was hired was because of SOX, along with other needs the company
has.  I don't believe SOX 404 has specific retention requirements, other
than for records for audits firm, and these apply to primarily to auditing
records.  Other participants on this listserve who are more knowledgeable of
SOX (John M., Patrick C., or Peter K.) can probably elaborate on this
requirement much better than me.

Our auditor does as part of SOX 404 compliance require us to have a
retention program.  We determine the retention periods and then ensure they
are being followed.

Hope this helps...

Bruce L. White, CRM, PMP
Manager, Records Management
Sempra Global
619-696-4671
619-696-2534 (Fax)
619-952-7145 (Cell)

"Sempra Global is not the same company as the utility SDG&E or SoCal Gas,
and Sempra Global is not regulated by the California Public Utilities
Commission."