Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 13:04:33 EDT
Elizabeth, a lot of sense and you should be proud of your accomplishment.
One of the primary purposes of a standard is to provide a best practices
approach to an operating procedure. You apparently have done this and certainly  can
 state that you are in compliance. The only official recognition, if  that is
want you are looking for, is to go through the ARMA assessment program.  Or
you might petition the ISO to provide a certification process. I suggested
this to ARMA when ARMA became involved in its development and they may be the
organization to do this much as the Productivity Association did with  ISO9000.

I also feel it is a badge of program validity to your management. Of  course,
who is to dispute it when you say you are unless you pay to take the  ARMA
assessment package and use their evaluation as the principle criteria. The  ISO
certification process for 9000 contains a multiple step process for its
certification. I cover this in my CD sold at the ARMA bookstore. There is no
reason why ARMA cannot petition the ISO for the same approach to  15489. They
support it enough to provide a charge-for evaluation and what  good is that if
there is no certification.

I think you should prepare a management type report for your company,
verified by your auditing department, detailing your compliance with the  standard.
You are then in a position to be a leader in its efforts for ISO
certification. I also suggest that you get a reaction from ARMA HQ on this.  Diane
Carlisle of the HQ has been very active in its development and should  have more
meaningful answers.

Bill Benedon