From:
Tim Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2005 10:21:30 -0400
I have done an extensive study, and as you stated, there are many variables
including cost of machinery. I can give you complete details, if you need
them, but for now, just the time involved, here it is....

The type and size of the scanner and camera is needed for an accurate
calculation, and if you are planning on "writing" the scans to film via
Archive Writer would be another variable. The study I did concluded, for
just the scanning of pages, just under 1 second per page, whereas filming
takes approximately 3 seconds per page. Keep in mind, if the goal is to
ultimately store on film, many other steps in the scanning need to be
performed. The end result was scanning and writing to film takes between 10
- 21 % less time.

One other note, the benefit of the scan will include the option of having
the hardcopy on the computer in a given folder, whereas the filmed version
off a camera would not be so readily available.

Hope this helps.

The information contained in this message is intended only for the personal
and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you
have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately,
and delete the original message.