From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 2005 19:18:27 -0800
On 12/22/05, Cusack, Maureen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> SOX
>
> Sec.802   Criminal Penalties for Altering Documents
>
> This section imposes penalties of fines and/or up to 20 years
> imprisonment for altering, destroying, mutilating, concealing,
> falsifying records, documents or tangible objects with the intent to
> obstruct, impede or influence a legal investigation.

And this is subject to interpretation as to what it means, but again, I
don't see it as being an example of where it's "required by US Law" Sure,
it's a decent idea, if structured properly, and it can help you achieve the
spirit of the mandate in Sec. 802, but there's a lot more to it.

This article, although as pointed out in the past, is from a vendor selling
systems and staffing to assist organizations develop what they lovingly
refer to as compliant solutions for managing information, none the less, it
offers a decent overview of the problems with reliance on automated tools.

http://www.s-ox.com/feature/detail.cfm?articleID=1497

I'd suggest reading it and keep a watchful eye on where you're directed to
the answers, but do consider much of what's being said about an integrated
team being involved in the development of the specifications for the ERMS...
but you may want to consider adding an RIM Professional to the team... I
guess we're what the writer refers to as "strategic advisors"

Larry

--
Larry Medina
Danville, CA