From:
robin tew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2006 10:53:49 -0700
Hello,

  I am in the processing of reworking/updating a request for bids for records storage.  The original request was published in 2004.  Now the contract that was awarded is now expiring with no renew option and now I have the opportunity to improve on my first effort.

  In my original request, I listed a mandatory requirement that bidders conform to the requirements of NFPA 232 and NFPA 70.  However, I did not specifiy what acceptable evidence of that compliance would be.  Some of the bidders felt their personal assurance should be adequate.  I wasn't happy with their response and would like to be clearer on what I want, this go round.

  I would especially like to hear from listmembers who work in commercial storage facilities.  What evidence could you provide that would not create an undo burden?

  Thanks.

  Robin Tew
  Supervisor, Records Mangement
  Pinellas County Schools

  . . . enjoying another beautiful day in sunny Florida!