From:
Nolene Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2006 17:54:40 -0700
Our HR function is centralized in our Corporate office. Each division
(25 in 7 states) has an HR representative that handles day-to-day issues
and keeps a convenience copy of the personnel file on site, but the
"official" files are at corporate.

The HR department would like to investigate keeping the files entirely
electronic (combination of native e-docs and scanning). Geography is the
main reason, better security is another and with over 2500 employees,
active filing space is also a consideration. Without any research, my
gut feeling is that this is a justifiable project just on the geography
issue alone.

We are in the very beginning stages of our evaluation. Can anyone who is
already doing this share any lessons learned or tips on what I should be
sure to consider?

Nolene

Nolene Sherman | Director of Records Management | Standard Pacific Homes