From:
"Pike, Heather" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2006 11:54:00 -0400
We do.

In one work flow, day-to-day users actually index the first round,
using controlled value selection based on our oracle core database, then
when users feel they want to keep a particular item into more than their
personal group of disposable records, they "submit" the item ( our
Oracle app takes the index values along) to the network "in basket" of a
common file librarian, who reviews the index values. She can push them
back for reindexing before admitting to the library, if she feels they
need to be corrected, correct them herself,  or she can contact our dba
later is something really gets through into the library ill-indexed
(very rare).

In another work flow, we similarly gave a qa/qc person the rights to a
small "administrative" indexing application to correct mis-indexing in
their documents that are in the library ( again using controlled
vocabulary based on Oracle db)-- if the original indexing done by daily
users processing the images during capture needed to be corrected. The
capture index values come from our oracle.

Hp