From:
"Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2006 10:43:45 -0400
I'd not necessarily "buy into" the thought that ICR can provide 97% accuracy
rates........ I've not seen ICR software actually deliver that accuracy rate
on an ongoing basis, with live documents.  Beyond that, I've seen the "mess"
that can arise when one depends on ICR and OCR to automate indexing in cases
where the accuracy rate is 'assumed', but not achieved.  With any automated
index field capture, I would recommend that a verification process be
established to ensure index accuracy.

Douglas P. Allen, CRM, CDIA+