From:
Michelle M Byrd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2006 11:24:19 -0500
As a "newbie" to the Listserve and to Records Management I ask your
indulgence in my question.

I work for a Fortune 100 Company and we currently retain vested personnel
records 6 years after the end of financial obligation and non-vested
personnel records for 6 years after termination. I would like some guidance
on what type of information other organizations are using when they index
their personnel files and how long do your organizations retain personnel
records.

Also, must you retain the original or can you image (legally?) personnel
files and archive them accordingly?  If imaged, what is the quality of the
image?  Does anyone know the ratio of lost data when personnel files are
imaged?

Michelle Byrd
Corporate Records Coordinator
International Paper Company
6400 Poplar Avenue
Memphis, Tennessee 38197
T:  (901)419-3812
F:  (901)214-1955

PRIVILEGE AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This E-Mail may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or
attorney work-product for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any
review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express
permission is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient,