From:
"Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2006 14:54:05 -0400
Here's a response to "[log in to unmask]"....

I would tend to agree that the CRM exam can always be improved upon.....
Fortunately, it is improved upon on a regular basis, with new questions
being added, old questions that no longer apply being dropped, etc.  The
ICRM Board is very focused on ensuring that the exam is relevant to Records
and Information Managers, and to BOTH paper and electronic records.

As for the ERM and ECM exams, and.... the CDIA exam for that matter, I
wouldn't discourage anyone from taking those examinations either.  They tend
to be more narrowly focused and serve a somewhat different purpose.  For
that matter, becoming a PMP or a CA would be a worthy endeavor.

Personally, I have maintained two certifications, and may one day seek
another, as our profession evolves.

Which one would I choose to pursue if I had to choose a single
certification?  Undoubtedly, I'd pursue the CRM.  It has stood the test of
time, and offers better long-term career opportunities. However, ERM, ECM,
PMP and CA certifications can also be valuable.

However, that's just my personal choice.

Douglas P. Allen, CRM, CDIA+