From:
Beverly Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2006 12:56:56 -0700
I didn't mind getting the material...but because this was only my and my
co-worker's third conference, we were not aware of this "Common
Practice".  We were very creeped out, and only wish that we had been
aware that that this would be happening, and that maybe a quick note of
welcome had accompanied the gift and advertisement.

Bev Peterson
Records Compliance Officer
Grant County PUD
Phone: 509 754-5016
Fax: 509 754-6770

Was anybody else mildly creeped out upon returning to their ARMA
conference
hotel room one afternoon and finding a vendor's advertising collateral
on
their bed?   It reminded me of the scene in a mob movie where a
detective
gets an unmarked envelope containing a picture of his wife and kids on
his
front porch; the unstated message being "we know where you live and we
can
get to you at any time".

Is this a common conference practice?

Timothy B. Hunt, CRM