From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2007 13:11:22 -0800
Wish I had more funds for the program.  I will not say RIM here is
seriously squeezed...; but I do not get everything I want.  Fire and
police receive more attention and greater % increase because of the
public safety factor; and that gets the public attention (& Council)
more than RIM.

I believe we both want the same but perhaps have a few different ideas
on how to achieve it.  We do agree on some things though.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 1/25/2007 12:57 PM >>>
Steve, those are very impressive results - think you could send some
of
that Reno money up our way? I'm a pretty lousy gambler so that
approach
won't work!

However, I disagree with the following statement:
> Like I have discussed in presentations; getting everybody to STOP
PRINTING to paper most likely will take a generational progression to
achieve this RIM paradigm shift.

The paradigm shift needs to happen on the IT end. The principle
barrier
to the extensive use of paperless systems are the lack of electronic
systems which function effectively as record keeping systems that are
easy to use, affordable, sustainable and broadly available. This is
one
reason why I think the true paradigm shift will occur when the kind of
complete record keeping system definition contained in ISO 15489
becomes
statutory.

Dwight Wallis, CRM
Records Administrator
Multnomah County Fleet, Records, Electronics, Distribution and Stores
(FREDS)
1620 S.E. 190th Avenue
Portland, OR 97233
Phone: (503)988-3741