Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2007 13:51:17 EST

In a message dated 2/12/2007 6:07:57 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<So, "What do we got...that's good?" What I would suggest to you  all is
that we have a developing profession that is at the threshold  of
something very good.>>

I strongly support most of what you have said, Pat, except for the above
statement. We have long passed the developmental stage of our profession. We  are
a critical part of any well organized and advanced thinking business
enterprise. We hold leading positions in many critical operations in today's
society. In any profession there are top and not top positions. Any  certification is
a learning process and a measure of personal confidence in  that we
understand and support what we do. A formalized competency study is  always valuable as
are other studies, but it will not provide a magic wand for  our profession.
Organizational (ARMA) and individual leadership will. Let's  walk more proudly
with our profession. One should be confident with their  individual
abilities, with or without certification, but we should support  whatever educational
or certifications are available that address our  profession
and utilize those that support our personal goals.

Bill Benedon, CRM, FAI