From:
"Colgan, Julie J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 09:26:26 -0400
" ... the issue of printing the file path on documents ..."

Gary, I am inclined to agree that whether or not you include the file
path in the footer is probably a moot point.  If your organization is
subject to discovery in litigation, and especially in light of the new
FRCP, you will likely end up providing that level of information anyway
(unless counsel agree to severely limit disclosure, which I highly doubt
will be the case).  In my opinion, it might make discovery go smoother.

Now if you are talking about not putting it on documents as a practice
of business to avoid giving opposing counsel to a client's engagement
too much information, that may be a different story.  This issue will
likely only pertain to professional service firms, however.

Julie