From:
Simon DeWitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2007 17:00:35 -0400
Jessie,

I believe it was said that people receive 100+ E-mails a day and not that people need to catalog 100+ E-mails a day.
Most E-mails received are Transitory or Private messages which simply need to be deleted.
Furthermore we should only make users responsible for the E-mails they sent and the ones they receive outside the agency/company.
So after subtracting the Transitory messages, Private messages and E-mails received internally you should come more to a number like 10-20 E-mails a day and that is high average.

Also we are not saying that they need to immediately catalog their E-mails when they get them or send them.
Some users choose to catalog there E-mails every day, meanwhile the bulk of users catalog their E-mails in Bulk.
The advantage of cataloging E-mails in Bulk is that you can catalog a big group of E-mails with the same subject at the same time with one simple drag and drop.

I work with a bunch of very busy professional and I implemented E-mail Management with them. So if they can do it than I believe that everybody can find the time to do it.

To do E-mail Management is just simple good business. To have quick access to E-mails that are categorized to what they relate to is extremely beneficial. To stop wasting time and effort to manage E-mails that you don't need to manage at all, which I would say is about 80-90%, is a great cost saver. And to disposition records that exceeded its Administrative, Historical and Legal value is not only a great cost saver but also necessity in the aggressive legal environment we live in today.

That's all for today folks.

Simon T. De Witt
Records Information Analyst
Tampa Bay Water