From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2007 16:53:54 -0400
On 3/31/07, Simon DeWitt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> All what I am trying to convey is that to implement E-mail Management at
> a government agency requires heavy analysis of the needs and
> requirements of every position in the Agency. Furthermore I would
> recommend applying the implementation of E-mail Management in a phased
> approach and not try to find a solution that would satisfy the entire
> agency.

Doesn't matter if it is a government agency, a public company or a
private one, the key to implementing a good email management program
is to analyse how email is used within the organization.

How many out there have sat down and looked at the top 10 users of
email in their organization? How do those groups use email? What is
their daily volume? Which group is willing to step up and be one of
the first to implement email management within their organization.

It is all well and good to sit back and work with the IT folks to come
up with a solution. But we shouldn't forget that they are not the
customer. The customers ie the other employees and departments need to
be involved in the process.

Analysing the available data will result in a better solution.

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va