From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2007 16:05:32 -0400
On 4/3/07, Earl Johnson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Good afternoon,
>
> I'm running into a snag finding regulatory guidance for recordkeeping requirements in the Caribbean, specifically Jamaica, Trinidad/Tobago, the Netherlands Antilles, and Barbados.

first of all each of these countries have different legal systems
which means that you may not necessarily be searching for a
regulation. In the US a regulation is created by an agency, the law
tells the agency what it must do.

Jamaica and Barbados are part of the Commonwealth

Jamaica Ministry of Justice
http://www.moj.gov.jm/law

http://www.loc.gov/law/guide/jamaica.html

Barbados
http://www.barbados.gov.bb/bgis.htm

http://www.loc.gov/law/guide/barbados.html

Trinidad and Tobago is a republic
http://www.ttlawcourts.org/lib_hstproj_time.htm

http://www.loc.gov/law/guide/trinidad.html

Netherlands Antilles is a territory of The Netherlands
http://www.gksoft.com/govt/en/an.html

http://www.gov.an/

http://www.lawresearch.com/v2/global/zan.htm

You're going to have to do some serious digging for the information
you seek. the best solution would be to work with your firms' legal
department. They may have all ready signed an agreement with local
counsel in each of these areas. If so that local counsel will be able
to find the information you seek.

finally search the ARMA International directory for members in those
areas. Barbados has 7 members, Jamaica has 27 members, no members in
the Netherlands Antilles, but The Netherlands has 3 members, and
finally Trinidad and Tobago has 19 members

the material in the posting took less than 15 minutes to find

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va