From:
Patti Kraatz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:00:58 -0400
Seems many of us are benchmarking.  We're developing a 5-10 yr strategic
plan and are looking for input into what the "brave new world" of RIM looks
like now and in the future. I think it's important to connect with experts
in the field to ensure we're headed in the right direction. I've been asked
to do a futuristic report to be presented Aug 1.

I've sent 15 local emails and rec'd 2 responses, 1 promise, 3 refusals
(private sector - eh?), several no responses and booked 1 site visit. I'm
websearching which is useful for "how to" but I can't find any that says
"how we got here". Help me Obe Wan you're my only hope! I'd like to ask the
listserv for anything advice you may have.

What does your program include now?
What's missing and do you have a strategy to get where you want to be?
What are/were your greatest challenges and (if you did) how did you
overcome
What are greatest your lessons learned
Crystal ball: anything coming 5-10 yrs down the road that we can/should
plan for today?

Is there an ideal model we can follow or maybe it's bits of perfection here
and there? I really like Gov't of Australia, National Archives of Canada,
Gov't of Alberta.....

I know it's a lot and I appreciate anything you're willing to share. . It's
strictly for internal use, no names will be used to protect the innocent or
guilty. Feel free to contact me offline if you prefer though Peter is right
it's about sharing! THANKS

Patti Kraatz
Coordinator, Information Mgmt & Archives
Regional Municipality of Waterloo
2nd Floor, 150 Frederick St.
Ph: 519-575-4725    Fax: 519-575-4481

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail correspondence (including any
attachments) may contain information which is confidential and/or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law, and is intended only for the use of
the designated recipient(s) listed above. Any unauthorized use or
disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
or have otherwise received this message by mistake, please notify the
sender by replying via e-mail, and destroy all copies of this original
correspondence (including any attachments). Thank you for your cooperation.