From:
"McAdam, Pilar C" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2007 10:41:25 -0700
We contract with a national supplier to store our inactive records and
currently use the supplier's web-based inventory management tool. We're
considering acquiring our own ERM software and transferring the metadata
from the supplier's system into the ERM application and using it for all
such data in the future.  We'd be looking to eventually utilize other
ERM capabilities of the software to enable ECM (email, unstructured
data, etc.), but that probably wouldn't be until later on.  The initial
goal for the application would be off-site storage management, so we'd
need something that's easily accessed and understood by our records
coordinators throughout the US, with robust security controls so that
protected information could be segregated within the system.  Whatever
software we acquire will also need to "play nice" with EDMS applications
such as Documentum.

I'd appreciate any advice based on actual experience with existing ERM
software applications and suppliers.

Please, this is not a solicitation for vendor sales pitches!  I'd just
like to know if there's anything we should be aware of, avoid or be
careful about.

Thanks,

Pilar McAdam
The Boeing Co.