From:
Tommy Fricks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2007 14:09:47 -0500
The funniest thing I have ever witnessed at a client site was the RM Program was under Food Services.  This was a huge company!!!

I am starting to see that a lot of orgranizations are realigning RM with IT because most are just now implementing electronic records management which includes e-mail archiving and have started to spend a lot of $$$ on these systems.

I have witnessed that the most effective RM implementations are when the RM works within the IT department.

The only downside to this, often the RM will be given other IT duties, i.e., admin for other systems.  But then again, I'm sure most of us all have additional duties regardless of where in the organization you sit.

Tommy L. Fricks
Senior Lifecycle Document Management Consultant
Opentext Global Services