From:
John Lovejoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2007 08:48:32 +1000
Nancy

Glenn has already mentioned the State of New South Wales.

In fact, most Australian States and Territories, as well as the
Commonwealth Government mandate the use ISO 15489.

The National Archives of Australia has developed (in conjunction with
State Records of NSW) "DIRKS: A strategic approach to managing business
information" which is compliant with ISO 15489. More information is
available at http://www.naa.gov.au/recordkeeping/dirks/summary.html or
on the websites of the various State Records regulators (list available
at http://www.archivenet.gov.au/archives.html).

</propaganda>

John Lovejoy
Posted on behalf of me, not them
Disclaimer - I have been involved in the development of several of the
various bits of DIRKS.