From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2007 08:49:33 -0500
On 7/19/07, Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> So rather than be nay-saying about the website and pointing out what
> it lacks, lets look upon it as an opportunity for the RIM profession
> to work together in a colloborative manner.  The GCR has identified a
> large number of record types, now it is up to us to provide the meat
> to the skeleton. We whine constantly about how no one takes RIM
> seriously well here is an opportunity to partner with someone who does
> take us seriously.
PK, I feel the same way and was somewhat surprised by all the
hullabaloo.  I see this is another resource available to records
managers and that is how I'm using it.  We still have to go through
the process Steve mentioned but at least its a place to start.

In the grand scheme of things,  I see this as a win-win situation; we
help assist in the research and we potentially gain an ally.  Company
general counsels (my current employer included) can weld great
influence.  We as records managers need all the support we can get.

I agree - there are some ticky-tacky issues about the site but there
are always going to be differences of opinion on any topic.  Lets work
together to resolve them.  Hey, a great partnering opportunity for our
ARMA leadership.  I for one appreciate the GCR taking the initiative.

--
Bruce L. White, CRM, PMP
Houston, TX