From:
Trudy M Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2007 10:24:21 EDT

In a message dated 8/1/2007 6:57:42 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Upper
management is now strongly considering having the departments supply us
with only a Records Series Number,  RS Name and a general description
(including date range) of the contents.

In my experience, when this is all the info provided to Records  Management,
unless RM is going to look into each box to verify contents match
description, there is huge opportunity for missing  information and  misfiled
information.  I had a previous client who did this process for  years and then got very
nervous about destroying boxes without looking into each  one targeted for
destruction.  They found a mess in about 1800 of their  boxes.  Unknowledgeable
employess will just put 'stuff" in the boxes  hurriedly to get it gone from
their area.

I could go on and on, as I am sure you can tell this is a real hot button  of
mine.

Trudy M.  Phillips
File Management, LLC
"Bringing Order Out of  Chaos"