From:
"McCutcheon, Stephanie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2007 10:47:06 -0600
On 7/31/07, Peter Kurilecz wrote:

"During the destruction authorization process (approval has already been
granted via the retention schedule process) the RM needs to provide
adequate information to the Legal Dept contact such that the
individual(s) can make a valid determination."

Thanks to those who crystallized my point of view for me, and especially
to Peter, who used the word I meant to use.  I originally stated
destruction "approval" but meant to use the word "authorization."
Another point of clarification is that my former employer's Legal
department WANTED to see the destruction lists (with descriptions)
before any records were destroyed.  They considered themselves an
integral part of the process and so did I.  Granted, they didn't have a
good documented legal holds process/procedure in place at the time,
despite my efforts to encourage such a thing.  So, maybe that's why they
wanted to review everything.  I was just happy to have a good liaison in
Legal; after some time, they came to appreciate me somewhat, too. ;-)

Stephanie McCutcheon, CRM
Denver, CO