From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:55:42 -0700
Yeah, yeah... I know WAY TO EARLY to start in on this, BUT....it IS only 7
weeks away!!!!

Just wanted to plant a seed...  I'm not going to be in Baltimore this year
(just had that confirmed for me late last week) and I also saw a message
from Peter that he will not be there this year either.

For the last 7 years (except for Boston and Montreal) I was the one who took
on the planning of this event and usually had some assistance of some type
from Peter along the way.  SO, consider this OFFICIAL NOTICE, that if there
is going to be a gathering, someone is going to have to step up to the plate
and take on the planning of the event.

Generally, this involves enlisting a local Listserv member to help select a
site large enough and loud enough for up to 100 people to come in and out of
over a 4 or so hour window on Saturday night pre-conference, or Monday night
between 6-10 or 7-11.  The place should serve some form of food, and MUST
SERVE ALL FORMS of alcohol.... and not be too discerning about the types of
people that may grace their doorstep  =)

It always helps to have a reasonably accurate advance headcount, and to make
up name badges in advance.... but make sure you bring a lot of blanks as
well.  And bring a camera, it's ALWAYS worth it!! =^)

Larry

--
Larry Medina
Danville, CA