From:
"Creamer, William" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:44:16 -0400
I took and passed the first 5 exams in succession over two days in May.
I would have done it in one day, just to challenge myself (ok, to show
off), but the testing center I used was in a small town, and is only
open for testing until 2 p.m. I was really overwhelmed by the number of
books in the bibliography. I hope to be able, should I pass exam 6, to
participate in an ICRM study group (which I plan to propose if they do
such things) to reduce the bibliography to a more manageable size. One
book that is essential is Information and Records Management 2nd edition
by Maedke, Robek and Brown. If you don't read any other, read that one.
The other thing I did, which I found very helpful, was to go over the
outline and look up any terms I didn't know, had forgotten, or couldn't
express as a formal definition. You also should go over the major
management theories, who proposed them, and theories of records
management and their origin, as well. That, added to 22 years as a
records manager, seems to have contributed to my success in the tests.
If you don't have a lot of experience, you will need to hit the books
harder. Also, understand, this is a TEST, it is not a learning
experience. You won't know what questions you got wrong, how many, or
why. You will know right away if you passed. After I took each test, my
results immediately popped out of a printer in the room.

William Creamer
WF&G LLP
NEW York New York
212 728-3448

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This e-mail message is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive the confidential information it may contain.  E-mail messages to clients of Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP presumptively contain information that is confidential and legally privileged; e-mail messages to non-clients are normally confidential and may also be legally privileged.  Please do not read, copy, forward or store this message unless you are an intended recipient of it.  If you have received this message in error, please forward it back.  Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP is a limited liability partnership organized in the United States under the laws of the State of Delaware, which laws limit the personal liability of partners.