From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:04:58 -0400
Since Part 1 deals with Management Principles as well as Records
Management Program concepts, I would recommend a good Principles of
Management textbook (several are listed in the bibliography), a book on
Human Resources principles (also several listed), and one of the general
Records Management books such as the Robek/Brown book.  As William said,
it is a test, and it can be comprehensive depending on which 100
questions popped out of the 700 or so Part 1 exam question hopper for
the exam cycle.

<Also, understand, this is a TEST, it is not a learning experience.>

However, studying for the exams can become a great learning experience.
I learned a great deal about a number of concepts I had not yet worked
with when I studied for my certification exams.  This not only helped me
pass, it added value to my RIM employability.

<I hope to be able, should I pass exam 6, to participate in an ICRM
study group (which I plan to propose if they do such things) to reduce
the bibliography to a more manageable size.>

It is my understanding that any exam question placed in the exams test
bank must come from a published source.  That is why there is so many
publications listed in the bibliography.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager
Information Technology Division