From:
Tom Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2007 22:46:03 -0500
I took the CRM Part 6 five times and just passed it on my fifth try so I've
only known success at the testing center, but having said that, I think ICRM
will be able to make some great improvements to the testing experience.  I
admit I loved the chance to do a data migration type question for my
40-point choice.  Challenging and very relevant.  I didn't worry about
taking it so many times.  I knew that when I passed would be when I passed
and until then I have had a lot to learn from all angles anyway.

I really don't know how the credential is understood or perceived, but I
know from first getting records experience many years ago to documenting it
to studying, testing and in the end, re-testing, I know it's a credential
that is quite different from just taking a test.  If it was only knowledge
then passing Parts 1 - 5 the first time I took them all together would have
gotten me the credential.  It didn't  I have been in charge of all aspects
of a program now for over two years and I think it took sitting in that
chair and the perspective and responsibility before I could write two
well-thought out answers in the four hours.  And I may still have passed by
the skin of my teeth, I don't know.  I do know I will always keep learning.

Finally I would encourage CRM's to get out there and speak to others.  Now
more than ever there are opportunities with other associations from the ABA
(attorneys) to the ALA (Legal Administrators to ISACA (Information Systems
Audit and Control Association) as well as with ARMA's many chapters and
their luncheons and programs.  I'm giving it my first try this fall and
while I don't know what I'm doing, I know I can do it.

I think it's Sharon I agree with...this Listserv rocks!

Tom