From:
"Carman, Hilary" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2007 09:34:16 -0700
Good Morning --  Our Central Records and IT departments are in the
process of drafting a modification to our firm's Records Management
Policy, which will include the management of electronic records.

Does anyone have policies and procedures in place or "works in progress"
that you would be willing to share?

We would also like any input on how your company is storing certain
media:

1.  Does your business require a certain standard disk grade for CDs
such as the medical grade?

2.  Do you store CDs, DVDs or tape with your off site vendor?  If so, do
you generally store that with the paper files or do you utilize your
vendor's specialized storage areas for this media?

3.  Do you have a standard or guideline for what may be stored on CD as
opposed to paper or on the network?

Thanks in advance for your responses and sorry for any cross posting
---

Hilary Carman
Director of Conflicts Docketing and Records
Lane Powell PC
1420 Fifth Avenue, Suite 4100
Seattle, Washington 98101-4100
Direct: 206.223.6140
www.lanepowell.com

This message is private or privileged.  If you are not the person for whom this message is intended, please delete it and notify me immediately, and please do not copy or send this message to anyone else.

Please be advised that, if this communication includes federal tax advice, it cannot be used for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties unless you have expressly engaged us to provide written advice in a form that satisfies IRS standards for "covered opinions" or we have informed you that those standards do not apply to this communication.