From:
Joanne WEYMAN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2007 18:54:49 -0400
Hello List Members,

I have just recently taken up a new position, and our in house RM system in iRIMS.  The challenge my department is facing is

1) Most of the staff is new and were not here when it was installed in 1999.
2) We cannot seem to locate a user manual.
3) As it is soon to become a legacy system for us within the next 5 years there is no further financial support for Vendor assistance.
4) It seems the system has been under utilized since its inception and staff are still doing boxing/accessioning manually.
5) Many of the help screens that I need to use don't seem to be installed?????

We would like to start using iRIMS to track  boxing/accessioning to our Records Centre, but I am having a devil of a time figuring out how to do this, and how to set up the preferences in iRIMS.  Does anyone out there use this older version of iRIMS and if so, could they provide any help or insight into how this module works.

Thank you

Joanne Weyman