From:
"Carpenter, Laurie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2007 14:19:12 -0500
(yes, I've purposely left the previous post in, but deleted the footer
as the content is imporant to my response -people on digest -please bear
with me). I'm confused by Larry's posting. Aren't Dick and Larry saying
the same thing? I've re-read this several times and it seems as though
they are both saying that you should set your retention period and stick
to it. Traditional RIM theory.

If the posting is saying that the opinion that in one context setting
MINIMUMS instead of set periods are ok, in which context? When in having
to defend a RIM program, why wouldn't the same questions apply to either
public or private sector? How are the risks different between public and
private if an agency/organization or a company sets minimums vs.
absolute retention periods? Note: included in absolute would be
trigger/event based retention such as audit closure, termination of
contract, etc.

Laurie Carpenter, CRM
Compliance Manager
Koch Industries, Inc.