From:
Stephen Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2007 22:09:57 -0400
On 9/5/07, Laura Steinberg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> "... does anyone have any thoughts good or bad about the Interwoven
> Records Management software?" Joe (Joseph Adamkiewicz)
>
> Is RM software something only the big firms get?  Is there anyone out
> there in the small to medium size range (10 to 50 lawyers) firm that has a
> RM package in place and really likes it?

From my own research on this question, it seems that it is rare for small
firms to acquire a robust system like Interwoven's or something similar.
What I found is that it was almost exclusively a cost/ROI issue. I even saw
a national financial services firm back away from getting a DM (even though
they really needed it and knew they needed it) simply because of the price
tag. And from looking at how they furnished their office spaces, they
certainly had the money to get it. I suppose its the cost and corporate
priorities.

As for Interwoven, I've read and heard (from corporate attorneys) positive
reviews, but I have not been hands on with it.

--
Stephen Cohen, MLIS
Records Manager & Archivist