From:
Nolene Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2007 15:11:28 -0700
Has anyone actually implemented and started using the RIM functionality
in MOSS 2007? I've read the blog and seen demos and think I understand
how it works in general, but I'm interested to hear what RIM people have
to say after actually using it.

I'm desperate to use something other than the vendor provided system for
tracking our records -- it really, really, REALLY sucks (and I've told
them that more than a few times). But with the housing downturn not
looking like it's going to let up anytime soon, I doubt I can wrangle
any funds for anything -- not that I won't try, but it's much harder
when the cost savings are soft. I know that slow/down times are actually
the best time to invest in infrastructure so that we can be ready when
things pick up again, so I really think now is the time to do something
in this area.

I will probably end up using MOSS just because we will already have it.
I can't imagine anything being worse than what I have -- but ya never
know. If it's not a whole lot better, it may not be worth the time spent
and better to just wait.

Nolene Sherman | Director of Records Management | Standard Pacific Homes