From:
Gerry McFatridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2007 13:31:19 -0400
Since the topic of email retention appears on the list from time to time
I thought some might find this informative/entertaining:

http://tinyurl.com/39qdxb

I liked this quote:

"Asked how long Blunt's staff members retain e-mails on their computers,
the governor's spokeswoman, Jessica Robinson said, "It depends, but not
for very long, if at all.""

Now THERE is a retention schedule!!

It seems funny-ironic to me how in this state case you have some
Republicans wanting to obtain emails to use against some Democrats and
on the federal level you have Democrats wanting to get some White House
(Republican) emails. And in each case the various parties (no pun
intended) only want stuff to be available when it suits THEIR interests.

Can't we all just agree that this sort of governmental stuff IS public,
needs to be retained,and should be available to anybody who wants it
(regardless of party affiliation). Yeah...probably not.

Gerry