From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2007 16:09:43 -0500
On 9/14/07, Jones, Virginia <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Jesse is correct.  Software can ASSIST in compliance.  But without
> established rules, policy, processes, procedures, etc. it is difficult
> to know what assistance is needed and where.  Using the access setting
> capabilities is all well and good IF the organization knows (through
> policy, etc.) who should have what access rights.  This is true for both
> privacy and security functionality.
This my main beef with these types of vendors.  They claim that their
product will satisfy the requirements.  What they don't address (and
in some cases not capable of) is the process and people side.

Implementing the technology is typically (although not always) the
easy part.  Its the policies and procedures, business processes,
training and change management that are most difficult.  My question
is "How do I get your solution to fit my specific business needs."
Many of the vendors I've run into aren't much help; their response is
to try and sell me more software.

--
Bruce L. White, CRM, PMP
Houston, TX