From:
Bill Roach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2007 18:55:21 -0500
>>I believe this is how IM can circumvent the law. If an entity goes belly
up/doesn't pay their bill ,etc IM can then start the cancelation/eviction of
records from their facility and show that they did their due diligence.<<

I think the statement above is very misleading.  Nothing points to IM
circumventing the law.  According to the Pennsylvania statutes they are
doing exactly what is required under the law, whether done by IM or by the
hospital itself.  It is entirely within reason to think that the hospital
paid IM to tak care of this for them.  The information w have says the
hospital was closed, any conjecture on our part that it was bankrupt and
unable or unwilling to pay for storage is not supported by the information
at hand.

Bill R