From:
"McAdam, Pilar C" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2007 17:03:38 -0700
A friend of mine has just taken a new position with the University of
California at Irvine, Extension Program.  Her job is to develop new
programs, and she asked me about whether records management would be a
good subject area to pursue.  Of course, I said yes.  However, she wants
to know about what the potential student base would be, what kind of
courses would be needed, etc.  I've got some opinions on the subject
(I'm one of the people who received a RIM certificate from the
now-defunct George Washington University extension program), but it's
certainly not an area in which I have any expertise. I'd like to direct
her to some better resources, and would appreciate any suggestions.  Are
there any of you out there who've developed this kind of program, or do
you know someone who has?

FYI, I've already provided her with a couple of names of people who'd
taught RIM classes in the GWU program, suggested she speak with Jacki
Conn at ARMA HQ and with Juanita Skillman, who resides in the area
served by UCI.

Thanks!

Pilar C. McAdam, CRM
Records and Information Management