From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Sep 2007 06:12:11 -0400
On 9/20/07, Cunningham, Ray <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Today I read a job posting requesting AIIM's ERM certificate. While not
> required, it states CRM and/or ERM or advanced progress toward
> certification preferred. This is the first one I have seen. I am
> wondering what the acceptance level is of AIIM's training? Has anyone
> else seen ERM/ECM in job postings?

I am starting to see more job postings requesting the AIIM
certificates also. My concern is that the employers do not understand
the difference between the CRM designation and the AIIM certificate
programs.

While I have looked briefly at the AIIM certificates I have not seen
anything that about this program that says the certificates have a
limited lifespan ie this certificate good/valid for 2, 3 or 5 years
then retesting is required. Nor have I seen anything that says that
holders of these certificates must obtain continuing
education/certification maintenance points in order to stay current.

I know that both the Institute of Certified Records Managers and the
Academy of Certified Archivists require that members obtain x hours of
"continuing education" during a 5 year cycle or lose their
certification. I know that other certification programs also require
this.

Don't get me wrong I think that the AIIM program has some value to the
profession, but I don't see where they are the equivalent of the ICRM
program. If I'm wrong would someone please point out how the AIIM
certificates are equivalent to the CRM program.

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va