From:
Mimi Dionne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Sep 2007 09:08:44 -0700
(I have kept the text below because it is pertinent to what I'm about to share.)

  Cheniere moved in April to a new building and NOTHING could have shocked me more when the RIM department was given mail management and office supplies.  I thought the RIM department was beyond those times--it struck me as a remnant of Robek 3rd edition and I said so (but in MUCH nicer words hehehehe) to my boss.  She forgave me for my ignorance when I explained that I've had no exposure to either in the past.

  Nothing to it--actually, I'm glad I was wrong.  We included the two additional pieces to our program and I was shocked at how much I learned about my colleagues and their business processes through office supplies.  It tells an interesting story and it's a nice way to keep a touchstone on the undercurrents in the moment.  The forefathers of the ICRM realized that, I suppose.  I'm glad I now understand why.

  Also, FWIW, I would say that when I took the CRM test, I recall very few questions on mail management...but I would love to volunteer to create test questions on electronic records management.  Like Jesse says below, adding more electronic records questions can't be a bad thing.

  Mimi

Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  On 9/22/07, Jesse Wilkins wrote:
>> Updating to
> reduce the amount of mailroom and repro management and to add some of the
> challenges electronic records provide is another good start.

Jesse and others

the ICRM is constantly updating the questions for the various CRM
exams. And yest mailroom and repro management are still part of
records management activities. I hope that my good colleague Ginny
Jones chimes in here with regards to the exams and the related
questions.

If one closely exams the topics covered by parts 1 through 5 of the
CRM exams they will note that electronic records are covered through
out the exams.
--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va