From:
Graham Kitchen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Sep 2007 16:22:53 -0500
"Retention requirements don't necessarily have anything to do with
whether something is "actionable" as evidence. However, I would not
argue with the notion that retaining e-mail beyond retention periods can
be a pretty low risk activity in many, possibly most circumstances."

I would beg to differ with this comment, because.....

If your retention schedule says that this record should be disposed of after
a certain amount of time and you don't do it,  but the court is trying to
find out something else, then they could argue that you are inconsistent
with the way you handle your records disposal.  If this is the case, then
they can likely make the assertion that you are trying to hide something
just because there is a court case.

It is better to be consistent in ALL your records destruction.

--
Graham Kitchen

(866) 333-2015