From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:24:34 -0700

> ARMA publishes a Job Descriptions guide that I have found very helpful.
> I'm not sure when it was published  - I have the Third Edition.

It was last published in 1991 and the content is far from current.

The SDC discussed the possibility of revising and reissuing the document
this year, but the Committee's decision was that it's outside of the
spectrum of what the SDC does, and with the RIM Competencies Project almost
completed, it would be best to wait for that as a model.

Our recommendation was that the EDC and the ARMA HQ Education Department
look at developing a revision to the document, or rather a complete new
publication to replace the document with a fully updated set of resources
for this purpose.  So much has changed with respect to the duties, methods,
procedures, and practices for RIMs since 1991 that the document simply
doesn't work that well any longer.

Larry
 -
Larry Medina