From:
Steve Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 14:06:57 -0700
Try this, maybe?

Records management is not a cost center. It is a strategic investment
from which all departments will benefit greatly.

Records management is the foundation of strategic information management
without which it could not exist.

Records management is a core business activity without which no
organization, however large or small, can meet its operational
activities, its moral responsibilities, or can document proof of meeting
its statutory, legal, financial responsibilities, or provide for its
history.

Records management should be in the forefront of any mindset as a
strategy for best practice, to provide efficient, effective, and cost
minimization initiatives.

Objectives:

Primary Objectives of Strategic Information Management

Leverage information for maximum effectiveness throughout the company.

Protect information from a variety of threats and for a variety of
purposes.

Monitor the use of information to ensure consistency in information
policies.

Quantify the value of information.

Forecast information that will be needed in order to make the company
successful.

Maintain information for legal compliance and long-term access.

Steve Morgan
C.J. Segerstrom & Sons, Records Manager
714.438.3228 Phone
714.546.9835 Fax

Information which is not communicated is valueless
Information which cannot be found is worthless