From:
"Hilliard, Mary" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2007 10:19:36 -0500
Lijuan Yu,

In answer to your question - "Has anybody experienced your employer
paying no attention to RIM, even
hiring a person specilized in RIM, but not providing too much supports,
inputs or even comments to most of your proposals. How did you handle
this, and was this a situation you can survive and succeed?"

I haven't experiencee a situation where NO attention was paid, but I
certainly have, in two organizations, had to sell upward, sideways and
every other way the rationale for supporting a robust program.  I
suspect most people have done so to a certain extent.  We (Records
Managers) see the problems clearly because we are immersed in this
world.  For others, RM is not their prime focus and may only receive
peripheral notice, but in general, if you poke around in your
organization, you will find allies who understand the value and
necessity of what is needed and gain support. One likely place is your
audit or compliance group.

It may be a slow process so be patient and continue to espouse what you
know to be in the best interest of your organization while understanding
that baby steps may be the way to get there.
Good Luck!!

Mary Hilliard, CRM