From:
Sharon Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2007 13:57:52 -0700
Hey all-

I mean no disrespect, but I have to get this off my chest. And prior to roasting me, read the whole post please.

I do share a few of the materials that I have developed over the years, but I kinda have a problem with a request like this. I develop records management program materials in the private sector for a living. I have also signed, and I suspect many of you have as well, a very strict non-disclosure agreement as a condition of my employment. I'm not able to share nor am I willing to give away my materials.

Now I know how that sounds, but think about it. And be careful how a request like this is answered. You guys can flame me if you want, but remember that corporate and private sector materials are just that - private. I know Lee asks for mission statements that we are willing to share. Just make sure you can before you do. A few of us got together to collaborate on email archiving. We've signed NDAs between us so we can talk. Maybe that would be a better approach???

Rock on!
SharonSharon Burnett
[log in to unmask] Washington USA "If it ain't broke, take it apart and see why. If it is broke, take it apartand see why."
List archives at http://lists.ufl.edu/archives/recmgmt-l.html