From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2007 19:29:01 -0400
On 10/18/07, Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> <snip>Under old management the hardcopy records were kept the same
> length of time as the electronic data. Now the electronic data are
> considered the record copy, and the harcopy will be destroyed in the
> department after 90 days.<snip>
>
> The retention applies to the information...; the media is a business
> decision.  So, if you have the information electronic the paper is now
> redundant.  However, if the retention has been reduced to 90 days (see
> the given example) then the records on  ALL  media must be
> destroyed/recycled and deleted if electronic or digital.

steve as i read the entire as not been changed only that a decision
was made to keep the paper records for 90 days, since the electronic
format is the official record. Management as I interpreted decided
that they did  not need to retain paper the same length of time as the
electronic.

Now if they had said that the overall retention was 90 days ie
applying to both electronic and digital then you would be correct

pak
--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va