From:
"John J. O'Brien" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2007 04:06:51 -0400
Greetings, and thanks for the very positive feedback received both on and
off line. Guess I should step back from the "objective professional" and let
my passion show more!

Yes, IC = intellectual capital.  In our own KRD  (knowledge resource
development) model, we take a person-centric approach to building and
managing organisational capacity through data generation, informatics, RM,
KM and IC assessment. Proud to be so strongly supporting inclusion of RM in
domains where it seems virtually unknown.

Re Moody's, you may not find something overt in the site. I was honoured
last year to be invited to attend meetings hosted by the World Bank on IC
for Communities. Sara Bertin, a Moody's VP was one of those around the
table. Presenters had 15 minutes to consolidate thoughts and information
related to the theme--her's is at the link below:
http://info.worldbank.org/etools/library/latestversion.asp?235933

The presentations ranged widely--some dry and academic, some reaching to the
heart, others boding very well for the development of undeveloped regions in
sustainable, people-centric ways.  All involved new ways of thinking about
information--and I see tremendous need for a greater grasp of what RIM is
really all about.  As practitioners, we all intersect the domain at varying
levels--all legitimate, but often shaping quite difference perceptins about
what it is.  This could be interesting to explore--it is something I am
wrestling with in terms of how to build greater awareness in Asia.

Re "compliance", in my view, RM is where the rubber hits the road in two
seemingly conflicting domains: compliance and learning community
development.  An organisation cannot be successful without both--but it
takes a senior perspective & authority combined with considerable courage
and a time line that exceeds quarterly reporting to work on this strategic
issue.  Progress is seen...but perhaps not generally visible.  It is
exciting (to me anyway) to be involving in shaping these concepts.

Best-
John

John James O'Brien, CRM, MALT
IRM Strategies (www.irmstrategies.com)